Is your loved one at risk of nursing home abuse and neglect? This recent story, about a low-rated nursing home run by the VA is not an outlier. In fact, our firm has seen horrible fact patterns arise across Ohio and West Virginia. It’s true that abuse and neglect can happen at any nursing home. But some – especially those with consistent problems regarding staffing, patient care, infections, etc. – are repeat offenders. The public CAN know which ones to watch out for if a family member resides there. A website called Nursing Home Compare is operated by the official U.S. Government site for Medicare. It provides rankings for nursing homes from the lowest (1-star) to the highest (5-star). So, which ones rank the lowest in our area?
- Pine Lodge in Beckley, WV rates as a 1-star facility for overall patient care.
- Hilltop Center in Hilltop, WV rates as a 1-star facility for staffing.
- Greenbrier Health Care Center in Lewisburg, WV rates as a 1-star facility for overall patient care.
- White Sulphur Springs Center in White Sulphur Springs, WV rates as a 1-star facility for overall patient care.
- Main Street Care in Hinton, WV rates as a 1-star facility for overall patient care.
- Summers Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Hinton, WV rates as a 2-star facility for staffing.
- Pocahontas Center in Marlinton, WV rates as a 2-star facility for staffing.
- Hidden Valley Center in Oak Hill, WV rates as a 2-star facility for health inspections and staffing.
Again, not all 1-star or 2-star facilities are automatically guilty of neglect or abuse, and not all 4-star or 5-star facilities treat patients appropriately. Regardless, if your loved one is injured or dies, and you think the facility may be at fault, you need an experienced and knowledgeable law firm to investigate.
At Goddard & Wagoner, PLLC, we began our careers defending nursing home facilities accused of abuse and neglect, so we have an inside understanding of how to find the truth. Now, we represent nursing home patients who suffer the dire consequences of dispassionate corporate greed.
Call our nursing home abuse lawyers at (304) 451-3500 for a free consultation, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to help!